Friday, September 17, 2010

Having One of the THOSE Days?

Aw those days that are just .... well ... blah. Your just down on so many things because you have so many reasons... On days like that I just love to pick up and read the book of Ecclesiastes in the Old Testament (right after Proverbs). It's the same author who wrote most of Proverbs, but on a very down day. Today I read Chapter 11 at breakfast about casting your bread upon the water "Cast your bread upon the waters, for after many days you will find it again." Lots of wisdom in this short book with plenty of empathetic "meaningless....it's all meaningless" thrown in to keep it real. So next time you just need a little "I know how you feel" rather than a bubbly pep talk, pick up your Bible and read 12 little chapters of Ecclesiastes and realize even King Solomon, the wisest man who ever lived, had days like this. (By the way I just love "The Bible Experience". I put it on my Ipod and listen to it on my walks. Best audio Bible EVER!)

No comments: